Terms & conditions
Article 1: Definitions
In these Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
1. Additional agreement: an agreement in which the Consumer acquires products, digital content and/or services with respect to a distance agreement and these goods, digital content and/or services are delivered by the Entrepreneur or a third party on the basis of an arrangement between this third party and the Entrepreneur;
2. Reflection period: the period during which the Consumer may use his right of withdrawal;
3. Consumer: the natural person who does not act for purposes related to his/her commercial, trade, craft or professional activities;
4. Day: calendar day;
5. Digital content: data produced and delivered in digital form;
6. Continuing performance contract: a contract serving to deliver goods, services and/or digital content in a given period;
7. Sustainable data carrier: any means, including email, that allow the Consumer or the Entrepreneur to store information directed to him/her personally in such a manner that makes future consultation and use possible during a period that matches the purpose for which the information is destined and which makes unaltered reproduction of the stored information possible.
8. Right of withdrawal: the Consumer’s option not to proceed with the distance agreement within the cooling-off period;
9. Entrepreneur: the natural of legal person who is a member of Stichting Webshop Keurmerk and who provides products, (access to) digital content and or services to Consumers at a distance;
10. Distance contract: a contract concluded by the Entrepreneur and the Consumer within the scope of an organised system for distance selling products, digital content and/or services, whereby exclusive or additional use is made of one or more technologies of distance communication up to the conclusion of the contract;
11. Standard form for withdrawal: the European standard form for withdrawal;
12. Technology for distance communication: a means to be used for concluding an agreement without the Consumer and the Entrepreneur being together in the same place at the same time.
Artikel 2 – The entrepreneur’s identity
Meerhuizenstraat 26-2, 1078 TJ Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Phone number: +31(0)6-53 44 53 84
E-mail address: [email protected]
Chamber of Commerce number: 66352517
VAT identification number: NL126627083B02
Article 3 – Applicability
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply to any offer from the Entrepreneur and to any distance contract concluded by the Entrepreneur and the Consumer.
2. Before concluding a distance contract, the Entrepreneur shall make the text of these General Terms and Conditions available free of charge and as soon as possible. If this is reasonably impossible, the Entrepreneur shall indicate in what way the General Terms and conditions can be inspected and that they will be sent free of charge if so requested, before the distant contract is concluded.
3. If the distance contract is concluded electronically, the text of these General Terms and Conditions, in deviation from the previous section and before the distance contract is concluded, may also be supplied to the Consumer electronically in such a way that the Consumer can easily store it on a longterm data carrier. If this is reasonably impossible, it will be specified where the General Terms and Conditions can be viewed electronically and that they will be sent to at the Consumer´s request free of charge, either via electronic means or otherwise, before concluding the distance contract. In the event that specific product or service condition apply in addition to these General Terms and Conditions, the second and third paragraphs shall apply accordingly, and in the event of contradictory terms and conditions, the Consumer may always appeal to the applicable provision that is most favourable to him/her.
Article 4 – The offer
1. If an offer is of limited duration or if certain conditions apply, it shall be explicitly stated in the offer.
2. The offer contains a full and accurate description of the products, digital content and/or services offered. The description is suitably detailed to enable 4 the Consumer to assess the products, or services and/or digital content adequately. If the Entrepreneur makes use of pictures, they are truthful images of the products and/or services provided. Obvious errors or mistakes in the offer do not bind the Entrepreneur.
3. All offers contain such information that it is clear to the Consumer what rights and obligations are attached to accepting the offer.
Article 5 – The contract
1. Subject to the provisions in paragraph 4, the contract becomes valid when the Consumer has accepted the offer and fulfilled the terms and conditions set.
2. If the Consumer accepted the offer via electronic means, the Entrepreneur shall promptly confirm receipt of having accepted the offer via electronic means. As long as the receipt of said acceptance has not been confirmed, the Consumer may repudiate the contract.
3. If the contract is concluded electronically, the Entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organisational security measures for the electronic data transfer and ensure a safe web environment. If the Consumer can pay electronically, the Entrepreneur shall observe appropriate security measures.
4. The Entrepreneur may, within the limits of the law, gather information about Consumer’s ability to fulfil his payment obligations, and all facts and factors relevant to responsibly concluding the distance contract. If, acting on the results of this investigation, the Entrepreneur has sound reasons for not concluding the contract, he is lawfully entitled to refuse an order or request supported by reasons, or to attach special terms to the implementation.
5. Before delivering the product, the Entrepreneur shall send the following information along with the product, the service or the digital content in writing or in such manner that the Consumer can store it in an accessible manner on a long-term data carrier: a. the visiting address of the Entrepreneur´s business establishment where the Consumer may get into contact with any complaints; b. the conditions on which and the manner in which the Consumer may exercise the right of withdrawal, or, as the case may be, clear information about his being exempted from the right of withdrawal; c. the information corresponding to existing after-sales services and guarantees; d. The price including all taxes of the product, service or digital content, where applicable the delivery costs and the way of payment, delivery or implementation of the distance contract; e. the requirements for cancelling the contract if the contract has a duration of more than one year or for an indefinite period of time. f. the standard form for withdrawal if the Consumer has the right of withdrawal. 6. In case of a continuing performance contract, the stipulation in the previous paragraph only applies to the first delivery.
Article 6 – Right of withdrawal
1. The Consumer can repudiate a purchase contract for a product without giving reasons for a period of reflection of at least 14 days. The Entrepreneur may ask the Consumer about the reason for the withdrawal but cannot force him to state his reason(s).
2. The reflection period referred to in sub-clause 1 starts on the day the product is received by the Consumer or by a third party appointed by him in advance and who is not the carrier, or
a. if the Consumer ordered several products in the same order: the day on which the Consumer or a third party appointed by him received the last product. The Entrepreneur may refuse an order of several products 5 with different delivery dates provided that he clearly informs the Consumer prior to the order process.
b. in case the delivery of a product consists of several batches or parts: the day on which the Consumer or a third party appointed by him received the last batch or the last part.
c. in case of an agreement about regular delivery of products during a given period: the day on which the Consumer or a third party appointed by him received the first product.
Article 7 – Consumer’s obligations during the time of reflection
1. During this period, the Consumer shall handle the product and the packaging with care. The Consumer shall only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary for establishing the nature, the characteristics and the effect of the product. The guiding principle is that the Consumer may only handle and inspect the product in the manner in which one is allowed to handle a product in a shop.
2. The Consumer is only liable for the decrease in value of the product that is caused by the way of handling the product which went further than allowed in sub-section 1.
3. The Consumer is not liable for the decrease in value of the product if the Entrepreneur has not provided him with all legal information about the right of withdrawal before concluding the Agreement.
Article 8 – Exercising the Consumer’s right of withdrawal and the costs
1. If the Consumer exercises his right of withdrawal he shall notify the Entrepreneur unambiguously with the standard form for withdrawal within the period of reflection.
2. The Consumer shall return the product or deliver it to (the authorized representative of) the Entrepreneur as soon as possible but within 14 days counting from the day following the notification referred to in sub-clause 1. This need not be done if the entrepreneur offered to collect the product himself. The Consumer observed the period of returning the product in any event if the product is returned before the expiration of the period of reflection. 6
3. The Consumer shall return the product with all delivered accessories and if reasonably possible in the original state and packing and in conformity with reasonable and clear instructions given by the Entrepreneur.
4. The risk and the burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal fall on the Consumer.
5. The Consumer shall bear the direct costs of returning the product. If the Entrepreneur has not reported that the Consumer has to bear these costs or if the Entrepreneur pointed out that he will bear the costs himself, the Consumer need not pay the cost of returning the product.
6. If the Consumer withdraws after having first explicitly requested that the performance of a service or the supply of gas, water or electricity having not been made ready for sale not be started in a limited volume or given quantity during the period of reflection, the Consumer shall pay the Entrepreneur an amount that is equal to the part of the obligation already performed at the time of withdrawal as compared with the full compliance of the obligation.
7. The Consumer does not bear the costs for performing services for the supply of water, gas or electricity that had not been made ready for sale in a limited volume or quantity, or for the supply of district heating if a. the Entrepreneur has not provided the Consumer with the statutorily required information about the right of withdrawal, the compensation of costs in case of withdrawal or the standard form for withdrawal, or b. if the Consumer has not explicitly requested that the performance of the service or the supply of gas, water and electricity or district heating be started during the period of reflection.
8. The Consumer does not bear any cost for the full or partial delivery of digital content not stored on a physical carrier if a. prior to the delivery, he has not explicitly consented to start performance of the agreement before the end of the period of reflection; b. he did not acknowledge to lose his right of withdrawal when giving consent; or c. the Entrepreneur failed to confirm the Consumer’s statement.
9. If the Consumer exercises his right of withdrawal, all additional agreements end by operation of law.
Article 9 – Entrepreneur’s obligations in case of withdrawal
1. If the Entrepreneur makes the notification of withdrawal by electronic means possible, he shall promptly send a return receipt.
2. The Entrepreneur shall reimburse all payments made by the Consumer, including any delivery costs that the Consumer may charge for the returned product, as soon as possible but within 14 days following the day on which the Consumer notified him of the withdrawal. Unless the Entrepreneur offers to collect the product himself, he can wait with paying back until having received the product or until the Consumer proved that he returned the product, whichever occurs first.
3. The Entrepreneur shall make use of the same means of payment that the Consumer used, unless the Consumer consents to another method. The reimbursement is free of charge for the Consumer.
4. If the Consumer opted for a more expensive method of delivery instead of the cheapest standard delivery, the Entrepreneur need not reimburse the additional costs for the more expensive method.
Article 10 – Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
The Entrepreneur can exclude the following products and services from the right of withdrawal but only if the Entrepreneur notified this clearly when making the offer or at any rate in good time before concluding the agreement:
1. Products or services with a price that is subject to fluctuations in the financial market on which the Entrepreneur has no influence and which may occur within the period of withdrawal;
2. Agreements that are concluded during a public auction. A public auction is defined as a selling method whereby the Entrepreneur offers products, digital content and/or services to the Consumer who is personally present or has the possibility to be personally present at the auction under the direction of an auctioneer and whereby the successful bidder is obliged to purchase the products, the digital content and/or the services.
3. Services agreements, after full performance of the service, but only if a. the performance started with the Consumer’s explicit prior consent; and b. the Consumer stated that he will lose his right of withdrawal as soon as the Entrepreneur has fully performed the agreement.
4. Services agreements for making accommodation available when a certain period of implementation is provided and other than for residential purposes, goods transports, car rental services and catering. Agreements related to leisure activities when a certain date or period of performance is arranged in the agreement;
6. Products manufactured in accordance with the Consumer’s specifications which are not prefabricated and which are produced on the basis of a Consumer’s individual choice or decision or which are intended for a specific person;
7. Perishable products or products with a limited durability.
8. Sealed products which are for health or hygiene reasons not suitable for being returned and of which the seal was broken;
9. Products which for their nature are irreversibly mixed with other products;
10. Alcoholic drinks of which the price has been agreed upon at the conclusion of the agreement but of which the delivery can take place only after 30 days, and whose real value depends on fluctuations in the market which the Entrepreneur cannot affect.
11. Sealed audio and video recordings and computer programs of which the seals were broken after delivery;
12. Newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of subscriptions to them;
13. The delivery of digital content other than on a physical carrier, but only if: a. the performance was started with the Consumer’s explicit prior consent; b. the Consumer stated that he will lose his right of withdrawal by doing so.
Article 11 – The price
The prices of the products and/or services provided shall not be raised during the validity period given in the offer, subject to changes in price due to changes in VAT rates.
2. Contrary to the previous paragraph, the Entrepreneur may offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market that are beyond the Entrepreneur’s control, at variable prices. The offer will state the possibility of being subject to fluctuations and the fact that any indicated prices are target prices.
3. Price increases within 3 months after concluding the contract are permitted only if they are the result of new legislation.
4. Price increases from 3 months after concluding the contract are permitted only if the Entrepreneur has stipulated it and a. they are the result of legal regulations or stipulations, or b. the Consumer has the authority to cancel the contract before the day on which the price increase starts.
5. All prices indicated in the provision of products or services are including VAT.
Article 12 – Performance of an agreement and extra Guarantee
1. The Entrepreneur guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the contract, with the specifications listed in the offer, with reasonable requirements of usability and/or reliability and with the existing statutory provisions and/or government regulations on the day the contract was concluded. If agreed, the Entrepreneur also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
2. An extra guarantee offered by the Entrepreneur, his Supplier, Manufacturer or Importer shall never affect the rights and claims the Consumer may exercise against the Entrepreneur about a failure in the fulfilment of the Entrepreneur’s obligations if the Entrepreneur has failed in the fulfilment of his part of the agreement.
3. ‘Extra guarantee’ is taken to mean each obligation by the Entrepreneur, his Supplier, Importer or Manufacturer in whom he assigns certain rights or claims to the Consumer that go further than he is legally required in case he fails in the compliance with his part of the agreement.
Article 13 – Delivery and execution
1. De ondernemer zal de grootst mogelijke zorgvuldigheid in acht nemen bij het in ontvangst nemen en bij de uitvoering van bestellingen van producten en bij de beoordeling van aanvragen tot verlening van diensten.
2. Als plaats van levering geldt het adres dat de consument aan de ondernemer kenbaar heeft gemaakt.
3. Met inachtneming van hetgeen hierover in artikel 4 van deze algemene voorwaarden is vermeld, zal de ondernemer geaccepteerde bestellingen met bekwame spoed doch uiterlijk binnen 30 dagen uitvoeren, tenzij een andere leveringstermijn is overeengekomen. Indien de bezorging vertraging ondervindt, of indien een bestelling niet dan wel slechts gedeeltelijk kan worden uitgevoerd, ontvangt de consument hiervan uiterlijk 30 dagen nadat hij de bestelling geplaatst heeft bericht. De consument heeft in dat geval het recht om de overeenkomst zonder kosten te ontbinden en recht op eventuele schadevergoeding.
4. Na ontbinding conform het vorige lid zal de ondernemer het bedrag dat de consument betaald heeft onverwijld terugbetalen.
5. Het risico van beschadiging en/of vermissing van producten berust bij de ondernemer tot het moment van bezorging aan de consument of een vooraf aangewezen en aan de ondernemer bekend gemaakte vertegenwoordiger, tenzij uitdrukkelijk anders is overeengekomen.
Article 14 – Payment
1. The Entrepreneur shall exercise the best possible care when booking orders and executing product orders and when assessing requests for the provision of services.
2. The place of delivery is at the address given by the Consumer to the Entrepreneur.
3. With due observance of the stipulations in Article 4 of these General Terms and Conditions, the Entrepreneur shall execute accepted orders with convenient speed but at least within 30 days, unless another delivery period was agreed on. If the delivery has been delayed, or if an order cannot be filled or can be filled only partially, the Consumer shall be informed about this within one month after ordering. In such cases, the Consumer is entitled to repudiate the contract free of charge and with the right to possible compensation. 4. After repudiation in conformity with the preceding paragraph, the Entrepreneur shall return the payment made by the Consumer promptly but at least within 30 days after repudiation.
Article 14.1 – Paying with Klarna
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the possibility to pay in 14 days. Payment is to be made to Klarna.
The payment period is 14 days from shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service. You can find the complete terms and conditions for the markets where this payment method is available here: , , , , , , , and the
This payment method is only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on . Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
Artikel 15 – Complaints procedure
1. De ondernemer beschikt over een voldoende bekend gemaakte klachtenprocedure en behandelt de klacht overeenkomstig deze klachtenprocedure.
2. Klachten over de uitvoering van de overeenkomst moeten binnen bekwame tijd nadat de consument de gebreken heeft geconstateerd, volledig en duidelijk omschreven worden ingediend bij de ondernemer.
3. Bij de ondernemer ingediende klachten worden binnen een termijn van 14 dagen gerekend vanaf de datum van ontvangst beantwoord. Als een klacht een voorzienbaar langere verwerkingstijd vraagt, wordt door de ondernemer binnen de termijn van 14 dagen geantwoord met een bericht van ontvangst en een indicatie wanneer de consument een meer uitvoerig antwoord kan verwachten.
4. De consument dient de ondernemer in ieder geval 4 weken de tijd te geven om de klacht in onderling overleg op te lossen. Na deze termijn ontstaat een geschil dat vatbaar is voor de geschillenregeling.
1. The Entrepreneur shall have a sufficiently notified complaints procedure in place, and shall handle the complaint in accordance with this complaint procedure.
2. Complaints about the performance of the contract shall be submitted fully and clearly described to the Entrepreneur within a reasonable time after the Consumer discovered the defects
3. The complaints submitted to the Entrepreneur shall be replied within a period of 14 days after the date of receipt. Should a complaint require a foreseeable longer time for handling, the Entrepreneur shall respond within 14 days with a notice of receipt and an indication when the Consumer can expect a more detailed reply.
4. If the complaint cannot be solved in joint consultation within a reasonable time or within 3 months after submitting the complaint, there will be a dispute that is open to the dispute settlement rules.
Article 16 – Disputes
Contracts between the Entrepreneur and the Consumer to which these General Terms and Conditions apply, are exclusively governed by Dutch law.